The page file size and location can be specified in the
following dialog which is in System Properties Advanced Performance Options. By
default, the pagefile.sys is in the root folder of the SystemDrive and is 50%
larger than physical memory. NOTE: The default size does not increase if you add
Optimization actions are;
- Set the Initial size to the Maximum to avoid fragmentation
and the delay in growing the page file.
- Move the page file from the SystemDrive if it has high
- NOTE: If the page file is not on the SystemDrive then the
system cannot create a crash dump file.
- Use mirrored or striped volumes
- Put the page file on multiple physical disks to get the
same benefits as striping
- Windows automatically uses the page file on the least
Disable Paging Executive
Changing the value of HKLM\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Session\ManagerMemory\Management\DisablePagingExecutive
from 0 to 1 will de-activate memory paging.